I have the perfect cookie recipe for sugar cookie dough that is great for using cookie cutters and I want to share it. :-)
* 3 cups of all purpose flour
* 3/4 cups of room temperature butter
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
* 3 tablespoons whipping cream
* 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* Electric hand mixer or stand up mixer
* Parchment lined baking sheet (you can also grease the baking sheet)
* Rolling Pin
* Cookie cutter of your choice
* Lightly floured working surface (when you roll out your dough)
* spatula to transfer cookies smoothly to baking sheet
Whip room temperature butter until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and egg. Stopping mixer to scrape bottom and sides of bowl. Add vanilla and almond extracts. Add whipping cream. When the mixture is nice and fluffy begin to add the dry ingredients. Start with adding half of the flour a little at a time then add the salt and baking powder. Then add the remaining half of the flour. And mix until it forms a soft dough.
Once everything is mixed together, stop the mixer. Take half of the dough and form a disk, wrap in plastic wrap. Do the same with the remaining half of dough. And put in fridge to cool and firm up for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Once the dough has chilled, right before you take it out of the fridge. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
Make sure dough is nice and firm before you start to roll it out. Flour your working surface and roll dough to a 1/4 inch thickness. Then place cookie cutter as close to the edge as possible to be able to get as many cookies as you can. Take excess dough and roll out again to cut some more cookies. Use spatula to transfer cookies to baking sheet. Place in oven for about 6-8 min. You want to check on them at the 6 min mark. They are ready when the edges are golden brown. Place cookies (still on baking sheet) on cooling rack to cool. once they are cooled you can decorate as you like.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know how they came out for you. And if there is anything else you would like a recipe or video for just let me know. :-)