Monday, January 21, 2013

Valentines Day ribbon wreath

I hope the flu hasn't made it to you. We battled it for two weeks. During that time however I was able to make a ribbon wreath for Valentines Day. I an very proud of how it came or because it's the first one I have ever made.
I saw the beautiful Christmas ribbon wreaths that were available and wanted to try to make one but thought it would be a hard thing to do.  Guess what...I was wrong. I want to share with you how easy it was to make.

Materials: wire (a wire hanger works great), ribbon (feel free to use any width 2 inches or bigger, and either mesh or the wired edge one. I used a 2 inch wire end ribbon), transparent tape.

First you want to take the wire and form a circle. if you are using a wire hanger you can either leave the hook and hang your finished wreath from there or cut it off using a wire cutter.I cut mine off and used duct tape to keep the ends together. See the 4th picture. Then take your ribbon and fold the edges in toward the middle of the ribbon and tape it to keep it together. See pictures 1 and 5. Take the taped end and place it on the wire and tape it again to keep it in place. Then I moved down the ribbon about 3  and pinched the ribbon and place the squished part next to the tape you previously placed on the wire and tape it to hold it in place. Keep doing this until you have placed ribbon on the entire wire. The back of the wreath will show all the tape, but the front will be beautiful. All you have to do now is fluff the ribbon so it looks extra nice. See picture 3. You can add decorations to your wreath or leave as is. I added a ribbon and little hearts I made out of foam. See picture 2.

Sorry about the pics being out of order. I tried many times to change this but since I'm publishing from my cell it's acting a little crazy.

I hope you will give it a try and share your creations with me. I'd love to see how beautiful your wreath will be. :-)  until next time xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment